Top Preseason NFL Trends For Thursday
Washington and Buffalo have played six times in the regular season since 1993 and the Redskins never won.
They never even covered a spread.
Does that matter tonight as the NFL preseason schedule gets hopping? The Redskins are small road favorites against the Bills and hope to ride RG3 fever to a victory.
Some other trends for tonight's slate of six games:
- Steelers are 5-1 ATS past 6 preseason games vs the Eagles (who will be inspired by or drained by the emotion of Coach Andy Reid's personal loss this week)
- Ravens are UNDER machines in the preseason (10-1 past 11, they visit Atlanta as small road chalk)
- Packers are OVER machines, 15-2 past 17 preseason games: they visit San Diego, which is winless three preseason home games
- Nearly two thirds of bettors are backing the Patriots at home against the Saints tonight, according to OddsShark.com consensus data
- Peyton Manning gets his first real action as a different kind of horse (a Bronco, not a Colt) as Denver visits Chicago. Former Bronco QB Jay Cutler may play or may stay home to play with his infant son, born Tuesday
Check out all the NFL odds and matchup reports here at NBCSports.